The AERO Insiders Carpool Pilot Program is bringing VIP parking to ATL Airport employees.
If you share the ride to work at the ATL Airport with one or more airport employees, you are eligible to apply for the AERO Insiders Carpool Pilot Program, which brings access to guaranteed VIP parking spots at the airport for just $15 per day. Split that cost with your carpool partner to enjoy greater savings.
CLAIM YOUR VIP SPOT
If you’re ready to take your carpool game to the next level and enjoy convenient, easy-to-access parking, click the button below to fill out a form that lets us know you’re interested.
Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested.
We will arrange a one-on-one meeting to discuss claiming your spot.
You’ll receive an AERO Insiders VIP parking card and hangtag that you can start using as early as Aug. 1.
What You’ll Get When You Enroll
Guaranteed parking steps away from the International Terminal (Terminal F)
Cheaper onsite all-day parking at $15 per day (or $7.50 per person, per day for a two-person carpool)
Easy entry to the International Terminal, where you can breeze through shorter security lines
Convenient access to the Plane Train for a short ride to the Domestic Terminal
GUARANTEED, DISCOUNTED PARKING?
You heard us right. If you want cheaper parking in a convenient onsite location for your carpool, look no further. We can help make that happen. Just click the button below and answer seven quick questions to get started.
Carpooling is an arrangement between two or more people to share the car ride to and from work.
2. Why should I carpool?
Carpooling is a great way to share driving responsibilities and costs. You can:
• Get exclusive access to convenient parking spaces located at the International Terminal Hourly Parking Deck. You’ll be at employee security screening 5 minutes after you park, and there are rarely lines, so you can arrive at work even faster. • Save money on gas and the additional costs that come along with car upkeep, like insurance, vehicle wear and tear, parking, and maintenance. • Earn rewards! (See ‘what’s in it for me’ question) • Save time by having access to HOV lanes. • Drive less – the more people you carpool with, the less driving you have to do (and the more money you can keep in your pocket!).
3. What’s in it for me?
As a thank you for your continued participation in the program, we will reward you and your carpool partner with gift cards (up to $25 in value) for every milestone you reach during the pilot:
• Parking within your first 7 days of enrollment. • Parking once a week during your first month of participating. • Parking 25 times. • Parking 50 times.
4, How much does it cost to park in the carpool spaces?
It is $15 per day to park in the AERO Insiders carpool parking spaces, which is a $21 savings from the regular daily cost to park in the deck. There is no initial deposit for the parking access cards that will give you this discount in the International Terminal Hourly Parking Deck – we are waiving the deposit for this very special pilot program.
The parking access cards are the property of the ATL Airport, however, if your card is lost or damaged and a replacement is needed, a $35 deposit will be required.
5. Am I eligible?
All ATL Airport employees are eligible for the AERO Insiders Carpool Program. Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested.
6. How do I find someone to carpool with? There are several ways to find carpool partners. Here are a few ideas:
• Ask around! Chances are you know someone who lives near you and works at the airport. Ask them if they are interested in sharing the ride. • Don’t know someone? No worries! We can help connect you to other airport employees looking for a carpool partner. Just drop us a line at email@example.com and ask to learn more about finding a partner.
7. How do I share the costs of driving?
Determine with your carpool partner in advance of sharing the ride how to divvy up the costs. By establishing a payment plan in advance, you can be on the same page and enjoy a great carpool partnership from day one. If you want to handle payments digitally, consider using Venmo, Paypal, or Cash App.
8. What if I don’t have a car?
One of the best parts of carpooling is that you can have a dependable ride to work, even if you don’t own a car. Look for a partner who owns a car. Or, check the Georgia Commute Options app to find someone with a car who is also seeking a carpool partner.
9. Where are the AERO Insiders Carpool Program parking spaces located?
The AERO Insiders carpool parking spaces are located on the fifth floor of the International Terminal Hourly Parking Deck. The spaces are reserved for carpool participants and include AERO Insiders signage. Parking in unauthorized spaces that do not have the AERO Insiders signs may result in your car being towed.
10. How often do I need to carpool to be part of the AERO Insiders Carpool Program?
You can carpool as much or as little as you’d like. Just make sure to communicate your plans with your carpool partner(s).
11. How do I get started?
To join the AERO Insiders Carpool Program, fill out this form to let us know you’re interested.
From there, we will schedule a time to meet with you and give you all the tools you need to get started.
12. What happens if me or my carpool partner needs to leave work early or late at the last minute?
If you carpool to work, you qualify for the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program, which offers five free rides home from work each year when an unexpected event occurs, such as your carpool partner needing to leave work unexpectedly. We will help you fill out the GRH application during our one-on-one AERO Insiders carpool meeting, so you are covered if anything unexpected happens.
1. How do I access the International Terminal Hourly Parking Deck?
Participants will receive a parking access card. When you arrive at the International Terminal Hourly Parking Deck, insert your parking access card (in the same way you would enter a credit card) into the kiosk at the entrance to be admitted. You will pay when exiting the deck, by entering your parking access card into the kiosk, where it will reflect your $15 AERO Insiders rate.
2. How do I exit the parking deck?
Upon leaving your parking spot, proceed to the exit plaza located on the parking deck’s third level. Use the appropriate exit lane for how you plan to pay (use “Cashier” if you plan to pay with cash) and insert your parking access card into the kiosk. It will read the card and show the amount due is $15. Pay for parking and proceed through the exit.
3. How and when do I pay?
You will pay for parking ($15) upon exiting the parking deck, using credit card at any exit kiosk or by cash or credit in the “Cashier” exit lane.
4. What if I lose or damage my parking access card?
If you lose or damage your parking access card, you will be charged the full daily rate of $36 per day on that day. You will be required to pay (refundable with return of an undamaged card) a deposit to receive a replacement access card.
5. How long can I park in my parking spot?
You can park in a designated AERO Insiders parking space up to 24 hours. If your car is parked in the spot for longer than 24 hours, you will be responsible for the payment of all applicable fees when exiting the deck.
6. What if my parking access card doesn’t work?
If your access card is not functioning, notify the Department of Aviation Parking Division at 404-382-2337 or 404-382-2338 for assistance.
7. What if I leave my job at the airport?
If you no longer work at the airport, return your parking access card to the AERO Help Desk. The Help Desk is open Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 10 AM – 3 PM and is located in the North Domestic Terminal, near TGI Fridays.
8. Is my parking access card transferrable?
Your parking access card is registered to you and is not transferrable to others. Giving your card to someone else may result in your access being revoked.
9. How will AERO know if I’m carpooling?
Your carpool application includes your or your carpool partner’s vehicle make/model, airport badge number, and access card number. Airport parking enforcement will receive this information and verify your AERO Insiders hang tag that you will display on your vehicle’s rearview mirror. Parking enforcement may ask to see your access card to verify your registered carpooler status. Unauthorized parking will result in your vehicle being towed. We will run usage history reports on your card to reward you with gift cards along the way for your level of participation.
10. What if my plans change during the day?
Your access card is only good for one entry and exit per day at the AERO Insiders reduced rate. If you need to leave and come back, we encourage you to use MARTA or another alternative to avoid paying the full cost of parking. Register for the Guaranteed Ride Home program to get five free taxi rides home from work every year when an unexpected event occurs.
11. What happens if I forget to use my access card when entering the deck? Your access card is only programmed for single entry and exit use. If you use the card out of sequence, the card’s status will be rendered inactive. If this happens, report the card use failure to the Parking Division Office for re-activation at 404-382-2337 or 404-382-2338.
12. On what dates can I use my card to get these discounted rates?
This exclusive program will be operated as a short-term pilot program from August 1 to October 31, 2019 (the cards will not be valid after this date). By participating during this trial period, you will help us validate growing the program to bring even more upfront, discounted parking options specially secured for airport employees who carpool.
1. What is an AERO Insider?
Getting to work at the ATL Airport is no easy task. The AERO Insiders community is made up of ATL Airport employees who are looking for or have found a better way to get to work at the airport. Be part of the community and hear from other Insiders who have navigated their best route to work.
2. What’s in it for me?
AERO Insiders can be featured on our Instagram and receive special access to community rewards, such as giveaways and contests.
3. How do I sign up?
To learn more about joining the AERO Insiders Carpool Program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the AERO Help Desk (located in the North Domestic Terminal, near TGI Fridays). The Help Desk is open Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 10 AM – 3 PM.
AERO Insider Community
You deserve a better way to get to work at the ATL Airport. That’s where the AERO Insider community comes in. @AERO_Insider is an Instagram account dedicated to helping you navigate your best route to work, connecting you with helpful tips and stories from fellow Insiders who have found their best route.